Our introduction to GoGo Grandparent (Gets An Uber Without An App) remains a very popular post on OE Patients, so here’s an interesting update about a new premium service that might make it even easier to get around town.
The basic service requires an account with a credit card, enabling the customer to order an Uber or Lyft from any phone, no app required. There is a Concierge Fee, of $0.27 per minute, added to the fare and billed to your credit card by GoGo Grandparent. No cash is exchanged.
The rides can be monitored by a GoGo operator, if requested, to ensure smooth pickups and drop-offs. Set up custom pick up locations, use voice commands for ordering, and set up family alerts to keep your loved ones in the loop.
An upgrade to the GoGo Gold Client (is $30 a month) and avails you of Custom Requests. The first two are especially helpful for customers who are visually impaired or blind and don’t have an easy time finding the car that awaits, especially in city settings.
- Driver rings your doorbell, buzzer, or house phone
- Driver accompanies you to the car
- Driver makes extra stops along your route
- Your calls are automatically transferred to an operator
- You get one cancellation free every month
- You get a complimentary ride on your birthday (value $30)
If this sounds interesting and you think you’d like to try it out, GoGo will also give you a 30-day free trial. They say more custom features are coming soon, like ordering groceries and meals.
For further information call GoGo Grandparent at 855-464-6872.
- Press 0 to speak with an operator
If you have an account you can:
- Press 1 for a car to your home
- Press 2 for a car to your last drop-off location
- Press 3, 4 or 5 for a car to other preset pickup locations
- Press 6 to order a ride with an operator
- Press 9 to give the operator your pick up location
Image Credit: GoGo Grandparent
Please note that this article was not paid for, affiliated with, or endorsed by any third-party companies. The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author’s.